Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Who I am, Why I'm Posting, About my Team, Etc, Etc.

Ok. So this is my first post. I doubt anyone will read it, but just for clarity's sake, I am going to tell you a little bit about who I am, why I am blogging, who I am working with, etc.

Who I am!
Well, I'm a bit of a maverick, and a bit of a dabbler, I'll say that first. I am always up to something and its usually something other people say "Whoah!" about, or maybe its "Whoah! Why on earth would you want to do that!?!" But I don't care what they say. I have my reasons. I enjoy my life. I travel and I dabble. I'm a photographer, a writer. I was born in NYC and now live in Beijing, China. I first moved here, by myself, when I was 19. That was in 2001. Since then Ive been back and forth, traveling the world between semesters and completing my college education. Now thats done - its been done for two years already. Ive spent about 9 months of that time on road trips and plane trips, rock climbing and motorcycling, camping and what have you. And the rest of it ive been working - freelance writing, photography, teaching English, building my own website, teaching myself programming languages, etc etc. But now thats all over...

Before I get to the new stuff... You can see some of my photography at www.kuaibbs.com/fotoflo/moto/ (a 2500 km road trip across china on a 100cc motorcycle) and fotoflo.livejournal.com. www.kuaibbs.com/amphoto was under construction (before i got my new job) and theres plenty more around.

OK OK, the new stuff.

I got a job. I've become an office monkey and joined the rat race, and what can I say? I have a few complaints. I'm not naked right now. My feet aren't bare, or on my desk. I actually have a desk... But aside from that, I love it here. I'm working with incredibly smart people. Our developers are at the top of their game. Our company is relitivly big, but our group is small. We have a flash guy, a designer chick, a writer, a few C programmers, a JS guy, and a few other people. We all work together really well. The C guys do cryptography and play counterstrike after work. And then there is the boss - Mr. Fu - a very smart man, who, like me, seems to be working on a hundred and fifty different projects at once. I am the 'Marketing Supervisor' and, you guessed it, thats why I'm writing this blog.